Monday, July 15, 2013


I need suggestions and ideas and I know you are the gals to help me.....
I have too much on my plate and I need to combine my two blogs....

I began Created for a Journey several years ago with the idea of sharing my daily life and endeavors.  I like to do lots of creative things and I thought it would be fun to meet like minded women.  Then the photography bug bit me and I thought how neat it would be to have a blog where I shared my photographs so I started The Gift of a Moment.  I have met incredible women on both blogs and I have been encouraged, challenged, and cried with many of you.

How do I start a new blog and not loose some of you who have become so special to me.  
It's scary to think of starting over again but I just don't have the time to keep up two blogs and do them justice and I can't choose one over the other.  I am trying very hard to simplify and to focus my energy where I am being directed so I really believe I need to head in the direction of one blog....

Maybe I just need a "kick in the pants" to get with it......or just encouragement that it will be OK and you all will not desert me...That would make me really sad...

Thank you so much for sharing any ideas that might come to you..

PLEASE HELP HER OUT, SHE IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.......SIMON


Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

12 comments:

  1. Nancy, thanks for your heartfelt comment today on my blog.

    Why don't you do a post on both blogs with the link to your new one when its ready? That way every time someone clicks here they will be reminded to go to your new one and eventually bookmark it. I definitely will. And I think it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree that if you open a new blog and say you're no longer posting on the old ones, give the link to the new site and we current readers will follow you at the new location. you'll lose follower count, no doubt, but those are probably folks who don't use a reader to follow daily posts, etc. or who haven't been reading currently. but if starting a new space is really what you want to do rather than keeping one site going over the other, then that is your best course of action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find the right solution that will work for you!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand wanting to simplify. I agree with the idea of sharing a link to the new blog on both of your current blogs. Keep the current blogs open long enough for people to find the new link. I'll follow you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging should bring joy to you, not drudgery! If you feel over-worked having two, by all means, make another and tell us all where it is....we will follow you. That's what friends do. :) And if someday you decide to stop, we will miss you, but I think we all understand. Sometimes we all get that bug that tells us to just delete our blog. I've deleted and undeleted mine more times than I care to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Davis - blogging should be fun. I get your need to simplify - I can barely keep up with one blog, let alone two! If you leave a link to your new blog, I will follow along. Please do whatever feels right for you - and give poor Simon a break ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to start new all together then I would do as suggested above put a link to your new blog in your old blogs but perhaps you want to keep one and shut the other one down, you would do the same, provide a link to the blog you are keeping open on the one you are closing. Blogging needs to be fun....not a chore needs to be fun. Only you know what is going to work for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. All good suggestions...but find a way so Simon has a little peace. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be sure to follow along wherever you go. The comments sound like a good way to show us the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by the see Murphy. Your Simon is a beauty!! He looks to be a big one too - we love big cats. Happy to see you have your blog posts in hand again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will follow you whereever, but please give your kitty a break. You can just combine both of your blogs and can keep up the ideas of each.... Much easier. Good choice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always check out your Created for a Journey blog first anyway Nancy. I understand fully your need to have only one blog to keep up. I have trouble just keeping up with one, so you are far ahead of me in that organized manner. I just love seeing your smiling face on your new google photo. You smile with your eyes and I just love how love shines out of you.

    ♥Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete