Sunday, July 14, 2013

Kids Keep Us Young

All last week, I had been wondering where I was going to get the energy to keep three grand kids for three full days.  I couldn't go to the store and buy any and I have been eating very healthy yet I was tired and just wanted to sit....You know that feeling?

Well, early Friday morning came and Sweet Fisherman and I headed out to pick up the sweet darlings and I knew they were going to be full of jet fuel (that means lots of energy)....Plus, rain was predicted for the entire weekend which only increases their levels of energy.  I immediately starting praying for a miracle and the ideas started flowing....Face Painting, T-shirt Painting, Board Games, Movie...Get out the paint and markers, Benadryl (OK just kidding)..but we were in business....You see my daughter has told her children that her parents had been activity directors on a cruise ship and they believed her so when they come to our house they expect the works...After all, aren't they the only grandchildren in the world....

To my surprise, those little darlings had us going and before we knew it Sweet Fisherman and I were acting like kids running and playing and painting faces like we were 12 years old again.  

So the moral to this story is If you need more energy invite some kids to come to your house and before you know it you have turned back the clock......Just don't do for any extended time because now that they are back home I have no energy and I just want to sit again...



The one with the green face really believes he is the hulk...don't mess with him......

Hugs and blessings,
Nancy

15 comments:

  1. so cute! i'm tired just thinking about the whirlwind blowing back out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, what fun!! glad it all went so well. oh to be a kid again. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I know what you mean, when my husband's cousin brings over his little 4 year old the little fella sticks to my side like glue and it is go-go-go, breath, go-go-go.... As soon as the door closes following his departure I take a deep breath and seek out the first chair available. For like hours. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet looking children! I can imagine how much energy they had, and I can imagine how tired you are now! I'm glad you had a fun time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...They are precious! It' so true about the grands giving us energy. I am so tired all the time but I get an extra burst when mine come over. They love to eat and know that I have goodies when they come. The first words out of their mouth are always "I want food!" And, of course, I comply and give them food :) Thanks for your blog visit Nancy. Your words are so encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good job you did Nancy keeping your three grandchildrn entertained.Lovely photos and happy memories:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute kids and very cute story! Thanks for sharing and THANKS so much for your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute kids and very cute story! Thanks for sharing and THANKS so much for your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet..... did you get your face painted also???? YES---kids do keep us young. We took a couple of teen grandkids hiking on Friday... We did pretty good at keeping up with them... ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute....were you really activity director on a cruise ship?

    We keep our grandkids 4 days a week, and they make us laugh everyday. It's amazing how well behaved they are when they are here and then they go home and act up. lol So says their mom. I say, as long as they are good for everyone else, you've done a good job.

    Glad you get to sit again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are adorable, Nancy! God does give us the strength we need doesn't he? I would love to have a couple of days where I can stay in bed all day, watch movies, read, whatever. But what woman wouldn't? Haha. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me smile. Glad it all worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup ~ a person should surround themselves with 'youth' every now and then. Your kids are adorable!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete